I will be able to attend the Pre-Workshop June 27-28, 2012
I will be available to work in a BU lab from 9-5 M-F July 2-August 10, 2012
Please indicate grade levels for which you are preparing to teach: (Check all that apply.)
Major in college:
Minor in college:
Highest Degree Earned:
Please list all courses you took in 2011-2012:
Please list subjects/grade levels you are preparing to teach:
Have you secured a teaching position for 2012-2013?
If Yes, please indicate school and district:
Please provide names of two individuals who will submit profesional references for you through our online form: http://www.bu.edu/lernet/ret/rec.html
One form should be completed by your supervising teacher and another by a professor or academic advisor.
Student Teaching Supervising Teacher
Current (or Past) Professor or Academic Advisor:
Please indicate your choice of lab placement based on the laboratory descriptions in order of preference numerically from 1-5 where 1 is your top choice.
Detection and capture of proteins and antibodies
Wavefront control and adaptive optics
Vortex states of type II semiconductors
Temperature sensors, magnetic field measurements, particle counter and electronics
Microscopy, endoscopy, 3-D and phase contrast imaging
1) Why are you interested in an RET in Biophotonics?
2) Have you participated in any other RET or research-based program? If so, please describe.
3) Please describe any previous STEM courses you have taken or STEM workshops you have participated in.
4) Please describe any previous experience with programming, web-based programs, or instrumentation (e.g. LabView, MatLab, HTML, website tools, etc.).
5) How do you see the RET experience helping you to become a STEM leader?