International Travel Registry
The International Travel Registry provides a secure place for all University travelers to record their university or business related international travel plans and contact information.
- Registration allows BU to provide individuals and groups with pre-travel preparation and travel advice, especially when the planned travel takes you to high-risk destinations;
- Registration also allows BU to communicate with travelers when incidents affecting travel and operations occur overseas, including natural disasters, civil unrest or terrorism, or outbreak of disease.
Who Must Register?
- In accordance with the BU International Travel Risk Policy, undergraduate and graduate students, and all staff members, are required to register their travel before undertaking any University-sponsored international travel.
- Faculty members are strongly encouraged to do so as well.
Ways to Register
- If your travel was booked by you or someone on your behalf through Concur online, Short’s Travel or The Travel Collaborative, you are automatically registered. That’s all you need.
- If you are a BU Study Abroad program student, you will be registered by the Study Abroad office.
- If your travel was not registered in one of the two preceding ways, please register your travel by clicking the button below.
Registering a Group
- Faculty or staff registering group travel may use this spreadsheet, and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the Travel Registry or about completing the spreadsheet for group travel, please email Sarah VanKirk, Health, Safety and Security Analyst.
Staying in Touch
Once you are in the International Travel Registry, you will receive a detailed country information sheet for your destination, and alerts of incidents that may affect your activity abroad. Communications generated by the International Travel Registry will look like this: