Carbon Day 2013- Copley Square, Boston
Wednesday, Oct 16th, 2013, 10 am – 2 pm, Copley Square, Boston
Come see this showcase of all the things we do as individuals, communities, and organizations to lower the carbon footprint in Boston!
- The Science of Carbon: See and hear how carbon impacts our world with Nathan Phillips, professor, Earth and the Environment, Boston University. Watch Nathan on Chronicle TV.
- Advocates for Literacy in Environmental Sciences (ALES):How does science measures carbon? How much carbon you emit when you breath? Hands-on with Boston University graduate students.
- City of Boston Greenovate:
- Carbon Challenge: A fun, easy way to learn about your carbon footprint and what you can do to help reduce it. Pledge to an action, get reminded, and receive a gift. Your efforts are crucial in bringing down the carbon footprint of the City of Boston!
- MindMixer: What are your ideas on making the City a more sustainable place? Get a sneak preview of the City’s new innovative online discussion platform to solicit feedback for Boston’s 2014 Climate Action Plan. Be part of the discussion on what the City can do!
- Reyna Herrera, Master of Music, Boston Conservancy: An ingenious Percussion-on-a-Bike performance! Youtube featuring Reynaliz
- Sustainability@BU: Learn how BU’s campus housing, restaurants and people are helping BU to become one of the nation’s leading green universities!
- Livable Streets, Rethinking Urban Transportation
- Boston Bikes: Boston Bikes is Mayor Menino’s city-wide initiative to encourage citizens and visitors to use bicycles for fun, exercise and transportation.
- Electric Vehicle Urban Infrastructure Study: Learn about all things Electric Vehicles
- ConVerdant Vehicle: See a Plug-In Electric Vehicle!
- 350 MA
- Better Future Project
- Boston University’s Sustainable Neighborhood Lab: Talk with the team that is working on an energy study at Madison Park Village, Roxbury, MA.
- Clean Water Action
- IBM: Demonstration of methane and carbon dioxide gas concentrations in Boston, a customized application of the IBM Smarter Building solution for energy optimization and analytics.
- Boston Area Research Initiative (BARI)