To ensure success of our institute, we implement a performance monitoring and evaluation plan. The plan tracks and assesses processes, outputs, and outcomes to support continuous program improvement and demonstration of impact and innovation. The objectives of the evaluation plan are to:
- Implement formative and summative evaluation activities using mixed methods that emphasize participatory approaches that actively involve audiences and stakeholder groups in the development of evaluation processes and interpretation of real-time data to guide operational and strategic management.
- Use well-defined metrics to measure success of our program and the overall institute.
- Conduct research productivity and impact analyses to compare local outcomes to trend data in national data sets.
- Implement utilization-focused evaluation methods that integrate the ongoing use of evaluation findings into the institute’s governance structure for effective continuous improvement and identifying promising/best practices.
- Actively engage in national CTSA network evaluation activities to advance strong evaluation practices and the Common Metrics Initiative led by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences.
- Common metrics
- Program Evaluation Reports and Instruments
- Logic Models
- Program Evaluation Plans
- Dashboards and Metrics
- Program workplans
- Joint Committee on Standards for Evaluation (JCSSE)
- American Evaluation Guiding Principles for Evaluator Practice