Student Memberships & Discounts
The BU Arts Initiative provides all graduate and undergraduate BU students free membership to:
- the Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- the Harvard Art Museums
- The Institute of Contemporary Art
Just show your BU ID at the ticket desk!
Faculty & Staff – please see below.
The BU Arts Initiative’s Arts Insiders program grants a group of students access to exclusive events in and around the city. Find out more!
Students can also get a Boston Symphony Orchestra College Card at no cost ($25 value), granting free admission to more than 20 concerts and open rehearsals. Once you receive your card, you must register it on the BSO College Card website to receive more information on ticket availability.
To receive a BSO College Card, you only need to show your BU student ID at one of these locations:
- Activities Information desk at the George Sherman Union
- College of Fine Arts Dean’s Office, Room 230
- BU Arts Initiative in the George Sherman Union, 2nd Floor (Suite 201)
- Human Resources at 25 Buick Street
- On the Medical Campus at:
- BUSM Office of Student Affairs: 72 East Concord Street, A-208 (MED students only)
- Dental Student Affairs: 100 East Newton Street, G-305
- SPH Graduate Student Life: 715 Albany Street, Talbot 209C
We are adding more student discounts all the time, be sure to check out our More Discounts page.
Faculty and Staff Memberships & Discounts
Faculty and staff get free access to the Museum of Fine Arts with their BUID. Passes to the Harvard Art Museum and the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA), as well as discount admission coupons for the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, are available at the BU Arts Initiative office. Please log in to the following discounts website for specifics on how to reserve passes.
Additionally, faculty and staff can receive a 50% off discount on Boston Symphony Orchestra tickets with the BSO College Card. See the list above for pick-up locations.
A full list of these memberships and more are available on our Faculty & Staff discounts page.
Art Around Town
Boston’s thriving art scene offers something to explore every day of the week. Peruse area arts calendars and reviews to find what piques your interest:
- WBUR’s The ARTery
- Arts Fuse
- Big Red & Shiny
- Boston Globe Arts.
- The Mayor’s office for Arts, Tourism & Special Events
The Arts Insiders program, run by the BU Arts Initiative, offers a handful of events for current BU students. All events are free of charge for the students. Here is how it works – students from our Arts Council select a few exciting arts events in or around Boston each semester and students can sign up to attend free of charge. Arts Insiders is a great way for students to meet new people and explore the Boston area.
Sign-up now to be an exclusive Arts Insider.