Boston University Commencement and BU Wheelock’s Convocation
Boston University 2023 Commencement
May 18-23, 2023
The latest information about graduation is available on the BU Commencement 2023 website.
Communication from BU Wheelock regarding Commencement and Convocation will be sent to your BU email address. If you do not access this account regularly, get more information about how to forward your BU email to a new address.
All Graduating Students
Where can I apply for graduation?
What happens after I submit a graduation application?
- Review your grades and courses on the StudentLink to ensure that all Incomplete or Ungraded courses have been resolved.
- Check that an official transcript has been received by BU Wheelock for any approved transfer credit petitions.
- Consult with your Degree Advice Report or the Academic Bulletin for the year you matriculated into your program to be sure all program requirements have been satisfied.
If you would like to check on the status of your graduation application, please contact the Data and Enrollment Management Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will I receive my diploma?
We ask all degree candidates to update and verify your diploma and graduation information through the Student Link.
To Update Your Graduation Information:
- In the Student Link, select Academics.
- Choose Diploma and Graduation.
- Review/update your diploma information (degree, major, school/college, how your name will appear).
Please update your information so we can accurately create your diploma.
- Provide your diploma mailing address. The Registrar will begin mailing diplomas in June.
Where do I order my cap and gown?
Where can I learn more about Latin Honors?
The “break points” (GPA ranges corresponding to each of the honors categories) are not released by the University.
Is there a Class Gift?
What do I do if I am seeking licensure?
Please note that candidates seeking licensure in Massachusetts cannot be endorsed by Boston University before their graduation date. OPP will submit your endorsement to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education within two weeks after your graduation date. If you need a letter of verification to secure employment or have a question about this process, please reach out to the Office of Professional Preparation at email@example.com.
Is there anything I need to do as a doctoral student?
What if I still haven’t settled my bill by graduation?
Am I eligible to participate in Commencement?
Can I get more information about BU Commencement?
When do students need to arrive and where do they go?
BU Wheelock Convocation
Where can I RSVP for BU Wheelock Convocation?
Where will the BU Wheelock Convocation take place?
Saturday, May 20, 3-5 pm (90-minute ceremony followed by a reception)
Walter Brown Arena
285 Babcock Street, Boston
I’m not graduating in May. Can I still participate in Commencement if I'm graduating in August?
Who do I contact if I, or a member of my party, will require accommodations, accessibility assistance, or transcription or ASL interpreter services to participate?
All graduation inquiries should be directed to the Data & Enrollment Management Office by calling 617-353-4235 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.