Graduate Research and Scholarship Award (GRASA)
The Graduate Research and Scholarship Award (GRASA) supports individual or collaborative graduate student research that is likely to be publishable as it seeks to answer questions of significant national importance in education and promises trustworthy findings based on a sound and rigorous methodological design.
During each academic year, two awards are given (one in the Fall term and one in the Spring term). Unsuccessful applicants may resubmit for consideration in a subsequent term.
Award amount: $2500
Submission deadlines: November 30 and March 1.
To apply for this award, complete:
- GRASA Award Application Form (below)
- A Research Statement that includes
- Description of the research problem, rationale, and methods (Not to exceed 1500 words)
- Explanation of the ways funding will support either the completion of your dissertation research or the development of your overall research program. (Not to exceed 300 words).
- A letter of support from your dissertation advisor.*
*Note: This letter of support will be sent directly from your advisor to the Wheelock Research Committee. Upon your successful completion of the below form, your advisor will be notified to send this letter of support within the necessary timeframe. No additional action from the applicant is necessary.
Please direct any questions or concerns to the Kathleen Corriveau, Associate Dean for Research: firstname.lastname@example.org