BU Connects is a new platform exclusively for Boston University alumni, students, faculty, and staff that brings Terriers together for networking on a global scale.
As a member of BU Connects, you have access to a suite of networking tools and career resources:
- Networking directory: Share in the unique advantages of the BU alumni network—346,000 strong, all around the Browse the directory based on location, employment, education, and more to find the right connections and those willing to help.
- Industry and affinity groups: Join groups based on your industry or a shared affinity to have a dialogue, share opportunities, and expand your personal and professional
- Mentoring: Join in the proud tradition of Terriers helping Terriers by identifying yourself as a potential mentor or searching for a mentor who can offer career guidance and
- Jobs and internships: Whether you are looking to find or fill a job, BU Connects is a great place to You can post open job or internship opportunities at your company and browse current offerings from companies looking to hire BU talent.
Integrated with LinkedIn, BU Connects is exclusive and secure, and allows you to do all of your BU personal and professional networking in a single digital environment.
Join the community and start networking today at buconnects.com. Save time and sign in via LinkedIn to complete your profile in seconds!
Alumni: Why join?
- Join networking groups to find fellow grads in your industry or with similar interests and affinities
- Browse the complete member directory and make connections with people you should know
- Help today’s BU students by mentoring, sharing advice, and opening doors
- Share open jobs or internship opportunities at your company to recruit Terrier talent
- Stay in the loop with all the latest news and upcoming events from BU
BU Students: Why join?
- Connect with BU alums who’ve been in your shoes—and who can now open doors
- Find a mentor, a friend, or both!
- See open jobs and internships posted by alumni specifically for the BU community
- Join groups based on your career aspirations and gain insights from industry insiders
- Build a network today, to last well beyond graduation
What is the purpose of BU Connects?
This online platform, exclusively for Boston University alumni and students, brings together Terriers for personal and professional networking on a global scale, with a special emphasis on mentoring. Its users have access to a broad and influential global network.
How does it work?
Members are encouraged to activate their profile by logging in via LinkedIn. Users can also create an account with their email address or BU credentials. Once logged in, users can join affinity/professional groups, network directly using the member directory, engage in mentorship, and find or fill a job. A central BU Connects feed hosts an ongoing dialogue with questions, comments, and opportunities shared by alumni and students alike. Users can also stay up to date with the latest news and upcoming events from BU.
Who are the members?
BU Connects is an inclusive platform open to the entire BU community. Members might include:
- Students seeking internships, career advice, and job opportunities
- Alumni seeking to raise their individual profile
- Established professionals looking to give back to today’s students
- Proud Terriers interested in hearing about the achievements of our campus and global communities
- People looking to connect on a personal level, in addition to a professional one
How will BU Connects overlap with other existing offerings for alumni and students?
- BU Connects replaces the great foundation laid by the popular Career Advisory Network (CAN). CAN Advisors are encouraged to increase their potential for impact by joining BU
- BU Connects features an integration with Handshake, the University’s career-management system and job board. The most recent jobs and internships posted to Handshake will appear in BU Connects.
For questions and more information, contact the Alumni Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-353-9511.