CAGS in Early Childhood Education
The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) program in Early Childhood Education is designed for candidates who are already licensed to teach PreK-2nd grade and who hold a master’s degree or the equivalent. This program is suited for educators who are seeking to develop their knowledge in a particular area within the field of early childhood education.
You will meet with advisors to construct a plan of coursework that addresses the diverse goals that you may have.
How long does it typically take to complete this program?
How much does this program cost?
What are the start dates for this program and when are Applications due?
When and how will I take courses?
Does this program lead to licensure?
More Program Information
Curriculum Topics include:
- Theories and milestones of early childhood social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and language development.
- The role of play in early childhood development.
- The design of educational environments, curriculum, and learning materials.
- Developmentally appropriate methodology related to mathematics, science, reading, and social studies.
- The application and integration of knowledge and skills through fieldwork.
The Ed.M. in Early Childhood Education qualifies individuals to support the learning and development of young children in careers such as:
- Teaching in public or private school classrooms
- Providing early childhood programming in museum or other educational settings
- Providing educational services for families of young children
- Providing leadership in curriculum development or professional development in early childhood education
- Visit the BU Bulletin for information on this program’s academic requirements.
Nermeen Dashoush, Clinical Assistant Professor
Ellie Friedland, Clinical Associate Professor
Jane Lannak, Clinical Associate Professor
Karen Murphy, Program Director, Clinical Associate Professor
For more information about this program and requirements for admission, please contact Program Director, Dr. Karen Murphy, firstname.lastname@example.org