Join a Discussion Group
Discussion groups are spaces to be in community and find connection and support. Some are more discussion oriented while others are more social. They are confidential and intended for all BU LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff. Participation in the discussion groups can vary from being on the listserv for the group, attending the first meeting, facilitating the group at the meetings, and coordinating logistics for the group.
Who are the groups open to?
All groups are open to LGBTQIA+ BU employees (i.e., faculty and staff), including those who may be questioning or exploring their gender identity and/or sexuality. There is also one group for allies of the community and another for parents of any identity that have LGBTQIA+ children.
If your interest or identity isn’t currently represented and you’d like to start a related discussion group, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up for which discussion group(s) you are interested here. Please sign up for as many as interest you and align with your multiple identities. If you have questions about any of the groups, please email email@example.com.
- Ace & Aro Faculty & Staff: A discussion group for faculty and staff who identify on the asexual and/or aromantic spectrum
- Allies of the LGBTQIA+ Community: A discussion group for faculty and staff who identify as allies and would like to be in community with other allies to learn about, advocate for, and show support for the LGBTQIA+ community
- Bi/Pan/Queer Faculty & Staff: A discussion group for faculty and staff who identify as bisexual, pansexual, and/or queer
- BIPOC LGBTQIA+ Faculty & Staff: A discussion group for LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff who identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or people of color
- BU LGBTQIA+ 15+: A discussion group for LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff that have worked at BU for 15+ years
- Coming Out Later in Life: A discussion group for LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff that did not come out until later in life
- LGBTQIA+ Faculty & Staff in STEM: A discussion group for LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff working in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields
- LGBTQIA+ Faculty & Staff Navigating Complicated and/or Severed Family Relationships: A discussion group for LGBTQIA+ Faculty & Staff that are navigating complicated and/or severed family relationships
- LGBTQIA+ International Faculty & Staff: A discussion group for International LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff
- LGBTQIA+ Parenting Group and Those Who Aspire to be Parents: A parenting group for LGBTQIA+ staff and faculty parents and those who aspire to be parents
- LGBTQIA+ Travel Interest Group: A social group for LGBTQIA+ staff and faculty who share a common interest in traveling
- Parents of LGBTQIA+ Children: A discussion group for faculty and staff (of any identity) who are parents of LGBTQIA+ children
- Social & Substance Free: A discussion group for LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff who are sober and/or are seeking a substance free social space
- Trans, Nonbinary, and Genderqueer Faculty & Staff: A discussion group for faculty & staff that identify as trans, nonbinary, and/or genderqueer
- Twenty-Something+: Queer Young Professionals: A discussion group for LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff who identify as new or younger professionals
Sign up for which discussion group(s) you are interested here.