COVID-19 Prevention & Testing for Faculty & Staff
For help with using Occupational Health Employee Connect, please review these resources. Both the video tutorial and text guide below cover how to access and use Occupational Health Employee Connect Portal to submit symptom surveys, and manage your COVID-19 testing.
Video Tutorial: How to Use the Occupational Health Connect Employee Portal
How to Use the Occupational Health Connect Employee Portal
This guide covers how faculty and staff will use the Occupational Health Connect Portal to securely access health tools for the following tasks:
- Accessing Occupational Health Connect
- Completing self-monitoring symptom reports
- Displaying health compliance status
- Scheduling Test Kit Drop Off
- Checking test results
- Uploading Vaccine Documentation
Compliance with these processes is required by Boston University.
Faculty and staff can access the Occupational Health Connect Employee Portal, by:
- Visiting the Healthway website: https://www.bu.edu/healthway/
- Find the Employee Section and click Go Now
- Find the Employee Section and click Go Now
- Or going directly to the portal: https://webchartnow.com/bostonuniv/webchart.cgi
Please log in using your BU credentials and authenticate with DUO.
On the homepage, the Bell icon and Home icon are useful navigation tools for using the portal. The bell, when it is red and displays a number, indicates that there are new messages to read.
When the bell is greyed out, there are no new messages:
COVID 19 – Symptom Monitoring Survey
Faculty and staff who will be coming to campus are required to complete the COVID 19 – Symptom Monitoring Survey. Faculty and staff who are assigned categories 1-3 will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org every morning with a link to the Employee Portal where you will fill out the survey prior to coming to campus. Please do not reply to these emails. The survey can also be accessed from the portal homepage:
The Survey will open, and the Employee is asked to complete the questionnaire. Click Submit when you’ve completed your survey:
When you submit the survey, the next screen will display a message that you are either cleared to come campus or not cleared to come to campus based on your responses.
Below is an example of the Not Cleared confirmation for coming to campus. Please:
- Notify your supervisor
- Contact your primary care physician
- A medical professional from Healthway will be calling you to discuss your symptoms
Faculty and staff will also receive a badge notification in their BU email. Please do not reply to these emails.
Below is an example of a Cleared confirmation for coming to campus:
Faculty and staff will also receive a badge notification in their BU email. Please save this email in case you are required to present it before entering certain buildings on campus. This message is based on your survey responses, but you must continue to comply with the university testing protocols. Please do not reply to these emails.
Scheduling Test Kit Drop Off
Beginning August 2, there will no longer be observed testing at Testing Collection Sites for CRC and Fenway faculty and staff. (Limited appointments will be available at the 808 Gallery on weekends, only to accommodate staff working a weekend schedule.) Faculty and staff will self-test at home or in a private area in your office (such as a private office or single-person bathroom) and drop the test off at one of four staffed Collection Kiosks for collection.
Please review this video for a step-by-step process of how to drop off your testing kit.
Faculty and staff coming to campus are required to schedule COVID-19 testing depending on their assigned testing category level. Categories can be found here: https://www.bu.edu/back2bu/work-life-faculty-staff/bu-community-health-safety/covid-19-screening-testing-contact-tracing/testing-categories/
To schedule an appointment, select My Appointments from the homepage:
Any existing appointments will appear on this page. To schedule one, click schedule a new appointment:
Please select the following from each drop down menu:
- For the visit reason, choose the COVID-19 Testing option
- Pick your preferred drop off location
- Provider auto-populates
- Pick an available date and time. All appointments are 15 minutes and it’s important to show up at the time slot you signed up for:
- Click Submit
A summary of your appointment will display. To reschedule, press cancel and then schedule a new appointment:
Viewing Test Results
Faculty and staff will receive a notification when a new document has arrived for them to review. The following documents will display in the message center:
- SARS-COV-2 Lab Results
- Restrictions summary
- Work status report
When a new lab result has been posted, you can click directly on the bell icon, or to the Message Center on the homepage:
Click on the SARS-COV-2 report to review the results:
Your test result will display:
If you receive an inconclusive test result, a medical professional will contact you with next steps.
Uploading Vaccine Documentation
If you have received your COVID-19 vaccine outside of BU’s vaccination clinic, you can upload your vaccination documentation via the Occupational Health Connect Portal.
- Log in to the Occupational Health Connect Portal using your BU username and Kerberos password.
- Select the Upload COVID & Vaccine Docs option from the left sidebar menu (as shown below).
- On the upload documentation screen:
- To complete your document upload, select the green SUBMIT button.
After you select SUBMIT:
- You will see a brief Thank You message. You will then be brought back to the Home screen.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com within 5 minutes of submission to confirm your upload is complete.
- An additional email will arrive when your document has been reviewed and accepted by clinical staff.
- If you need to upload multiple documents, complete one submission process for each document.