About the Project
The Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Reporting Usability project was a collaboration involving shoppers and approvers from across the University, the BUworks Business Warehouse reporting team and the Sourcing & Procurement Office. The project went live on February 16, 2016. The principal objectives of this effort were to:
- Simplify and streamline SRM reports;
- Improve ease of use;
- Improve consistency among report Variables, Characteristics and Key Figures, and
- Include many additional data elements requested by the user community
The result is a completely revamped set of reports that are easier to use and which provide a broad range of data that will enable report users to answer their questions regarding shopping carts, purchase orders, vendors, invoices and payments.
Here is a brief description of the reports available as of February, 2016. For a more detailed look at each of the reports, please refer to the User’s Guide referenced in the next section.
- BU Spend (BUS) - View invoiced transaction activity by vendor, PO vs non-PO purchases, payment amounts, clearing numbers and dates, item description, shopper, etc.
- Purchasing Document Lifecycle (PDL) – View the status of a purchasing transaction from shopping cart creation through PO assignment, invoice receipt and payment.
- Shopping Cart Approval (SCA) – View the approvers and approval dates for all approved shopping carts as well as the status of any shopping carts awaiting approval. Report focus is on shopping carts rather than purchase orders and invoices.
- Purchase Order Status (POS) – View PO-related data including processing status, items requested, shopper, order quantity and value. Report focus is on purchase orders rather than shopping carts and invoices.
- Limit Order Status (LOS) – New! View all active Limit Orders for your Funds Center. Information available includes original set-up amount (and adjustments, if applicable), total spent to date, amount remaining to spend, and Limit Order end-date. Report provides info on SC and invoices related to limit orders.
User’s Guide and Related Resources
The SRM Reporting User’s Guide describes each of the reports, shows how to run the report, contains Key Figure definitions (by report), and contains Tips & Tricks for each report.
Definitions of Characteristics and Key Figures used in SRM (Distributed) reports
We offer two versions of instructor-led training sessions to introduce these reports to users:
- For users experienced with the “old” SRM reports (requires prior attendance in SRM Reporting training session): course description and registration
- For users who are new to SRM reporting: read course description and register
Submit Feedback, Questions and Issues
We welcome feedback about your experience with the enhanced SRM reports and available documentation. Please use this form.
If you have any questions or experience any technical difficulties running the reports, please contact the IT Help Center via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 617-353-4357.