Available to: Students
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
As a part of Boston University’s Television services, Boston University is providing internet protocol television (IPTV) service through a partnership with Comcast and delivered via the XFINITY On Campus™ portal. This service offers online access to 200 broadcast and premium channels, as well as on demand content. This service is only available to students living in university residence halls.
With XFINITY On Campus™ you can stream the same live broadcast and cable channels that Comcast already provides subscribers, plus watch the best selection of current shows and hit movies with XFINITY On Demand™. Now you can enjoy live sports, TV shows and movies, plus thousands of XFINITY On Demand™ choices anytime, anywhere on campus!
This service allows on-campus residential students to access over 200 channels of content including entertainment, movies, sports, news, and international stations – all in HD quality – from their laptops, tablets and mobile phones. Students can also upgrade their service to include premium services such as HBO and Showtime.
- Over 200 channels of content including entertainment, movies, sports, news, and international stations–all in HD quality
- Video on Demand (VOD) – with the best selection of current shows and hit movies.
- XFINITY On Campus subscriptions services, including a choice of five premium channels and the Sports Entertainment Package – additional monthly fee.
- An interactive programming guide.
- 20 Hour cloud DVR
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7.
You must be a University student living in a University resident hall.
- Sign up for XFINITY On Campus using the following instructions:
- Sign in at xfinityoncampus.com
- Type in Boston University
- You will be prompted for your BU email address and password
- You will be logged into the system