Available to: Staff, Departments
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Departmental staff can view data center-created reports on their workstations instead of printing paper copies through the Administrative Computing Center. Viewing reports online can reduce or eliminate the need for printed reports, and supports the University’s sustainability efforts.
- Save time – no need to wait for delivery of a paper copy.
- Restrict access and distribute reports only to those who should see them.
- Create custom reports by exporting them into local applications.
- Reduce costs, including paper and printer consumables, computer center electricity and cooling, and staff time required to print, deliver, and distribute printed reports.
- View reports using a mainframe-based or web-based interface.
- Using the web-based interface, export all or part of a report into a spreadsheet or word processing document.
- Create customized reports in a number of formats on your workstation.
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- UIS mainframe account
- BU Business Function ID, password, and DUO
- Web access requires Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher, or Mozilla Firefox version 3.0.15 or higher; plus Java release 6.0 or higher.
- Contact your department’s UIS Data Security Administrator (DSA) or Data Trustee to request the security permit for online report viewing.
- For mainframe-based reporting, start here.
- For web-based reporting, start here.