Available to: Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Departments can install software on their own Windows-based servers to support customization and printing of files and reports from the mainframe to their local printers or to local files.
Print jobs are available locally, saving you time. Many options are provided for customizing reports and other print jobs before printing.
- Customize and redirect mainframe LPR/LPD print jobs to your local printers, to email, or to local files for archiving.
- Perform various transforms.
- Convert EBCDIC to ASCII.
- Monitor print jobs sent from the mainframe.
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- You must provide a Window-based server for installation of remote print management software such as Brooks Remote Print Manager (RPM). We will help you install and configure the software.
- Local printers on RPM must also be defined to the mainframe computer’s Network Print Facility.
Learn more by contacting Mainframe Local Printing Support.