Summer Preview: How to Apply
If you are entering eighth, ninth, or tenth grade in fall 2021, we invite you to apply. Admission decisions take into consideration the applicant’s grades and personal statement.
- Complete the online application. The following items are required to complete the online application. Please use the below information to prepare your application ahead of time if necessary, as applications cannot be saved and finished later.
- Personal statement: You will be required to submit a personal statement of 500–700 words describing why you want to attend the Summer Preview program.
- Application fee: A $50 nonrefundable application fee, paid by credit card, is required at the time of submission of the online application.
- Upload supplemental materials (you will receive an upload link via email).
- Transcript: Upload a copy of your transcript from your previous two years of school (6th, 7th, 8th, and/or 9th grades). Your full transcript must include your fall 2020 grades (in a quarter system, this includes first and second quarter grades).
- International documents: International students must upload an additional form and a copy of your passport with the application. If English is not the primary language of instruction at your high school, you must upload supplemental information to demonstrate English proficiency.
Applications are only reviewed after all of the materials listed above are received.
Note: Email is the primary form of communication during the admissions process. Please be aware that parents are copied on all correspondence from our office. Therefore, you should ensure that both parent and student email addresses are entered correctly on the application, and inform our office immediately if there is a change in either email address.
Boston University Summer Term
Summer Preview Program
755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 105
Boston, MA 02215
While applications for Summer Preview remain open until 11:59 pm EDT on Sunday, July 4, students who apply early are more likely to receive the seminar selection of their choice. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis and only completed applications are reviewed. Once we receive your completed application, we will email you to confirm its receipt.
We begin reviewing applications at the beginning of January. Within three weeks of confirming our receipt of your completed application, an admission decision will be emailed to you.
If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact us.