How to Apply
We consider applicants who are entering their freshman or sophomore year of high school in fall 2017. Admissions decisions are based on a combination of the applicant's grades and personal statement.
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis, and applications are considered until the seminars are filled. Only completed applications are reviewed. Admission decisions are made within three weeks of our receipt of your completed application.
If you are willing to attend alternate seminars, please rank your selections on the application.
How to Apply
Complete online application.
- Personal Statement: When using the online application, you will be required to submit a 500 - 750 word personal statement describing why you want to attend the Summer Preview program.
- Application fee: A $50 non-refundable application fee, paid by credit card, is required at the time of submission of the online application.
- Upload supplementary materials (you will receive an upload link via email):
- Transcript: Upload a copy of your transcript from your previous two years of school (7th, 8th, and/or 9th grades). Be sure to include your fall 2016 grades (in a quarter system, this includes first and second quarter grades).
- International Documents: International students must upload an additional form and a copy of their passport with the application.
Note: Email is the primary form of communication during the application and admission process. Please ensure that both parent and student emails are entered correctly on the application. Inform our office immediately if there is a change in either email address.
Boston University Summer Term
Summer Preview Program
755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room B05
Boston, MA 02215
There is no application deadline for the Summer Preview program. However, students who apply early are more likely to receive the seminar selection of their choice. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis and only completed applications are reviewed. Once we recieve your completed application, we will email you to confirm its receipt.
We begin reviewing applications at the beginning of January. Within three weeks of confirming our receipt of your completed application, an admission decision will be emailed to you.
If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact us.