How to Apply
We consider applicants who are entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school in fall 2017. Admissions decisions are based on a combination of the applicant’s high school grades, courses taken, and personal statement.
How to Apply
- Complete online application.
- Personal Statement: When using the online application, you will be required to submit a 500 - 750 word personal statement describing why you want to attend the Summer Challenge program.
- Application fee: A $50 non-refundable application fee, paid by credit card, is required at the time of submission of the online application.
- Upload supplementary materials (you will receive an upload link via email):
- High School transcript: Be sure to include your fall 2016 grades (in a quarter system, this includes first and second quarter grades).
- International Documents: International students must upload an additional form and a copy of their passport with the application.
Note: Email is the primary form of communication during the application and admission process. Please ensure that both parent and student emails are entered correctly on the application. Inform our office immediately if there is a change in either email address.
Boston University Summer Term
Summer Challenge Program
755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room B05
Boston, MA 02215
There is no application deadline for the Summer Challenge program. However, students who apply early are more likely to receive the session and seminar selections of their choice. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis and only completed applications are reviewed. Once we receive your completed application, we will email you to confirm its receipt.
We begin reviewing applications at the beginning of January. Within three weeks of confirming our receipt of your completed application, an admission decision will be emailed to you.
If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact us.