How to Apply
Please check back on December 15 for more details about our Summer 2018 programs and to submit an application.
We consider applicants who are entering their junior or senior year of high school in fall 2018. Admission decisions are based on a combination of the applicant's high school grades, personal statement, and one letter of recommendation from an academic teacher.
English is the language of instruction at Boston University, and a high degree of competency is assumed. International students need to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or an equivalent exam.
How to Apply
Complete online application.
- Personal Statement: When using the online application, you will be required to submit a 500-750 word personal statement describing why you want to attend the AIM program.
- One Recommendation Letter: You will also be required to enter the email address for a science teacher who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Once you submit your online application, instructions for submitting a recommendation letter will be emailed automatically to your teacher.
- Application fee: A non-refundable application fee, paid by credit card, is required at the time of submission of the online application form.
- Upload supplementary materials (you will receive an upload link via email):
- High School transcript: Be sure to include your fall 2017 grades (in a quarter system, this includes first and second quarter grades).
- International Documents: International students must upload an additional form and a copy of their passport with the application. We also require proof of English language proficiency, such as scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or an equivalent exam.
Note: Email is the primary form of communication during the application and admission process. Please ensure that both parent and student email addresses are entered correctly on the application. Inform our office immediately if there is a change in either email address.
Boston University Summer Term
Academic Immersion Program
755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room B05
Boston, MA 02215
There is no application deadline for the 2018 Academic Immersion program. However, we encourage students to submit a complete application as early as possible, as there are a limited number of places in each concentration. Only complete applications are reviewed. Once we receive your complete application, we will email you to confirm its receipt. Within one month of comfirming our receipt of your completed application, an admissions decision will be emailed to you.
If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact us.