Music is a universal language, and whether you want to explore its history, develop your understanding of music theory, or focus on principles that you can apply as a music instructor, you will find an exciting variety of courses available during Boston University Summer Term. You can also choose to take private music lessons in piano, voice or guitar, or explore music performance through group voice or guitar—no previous experience required.
Music courses offered by the College of Fine Arts during Summer 2019 include:
- Rock Band Performance & Pedagogy CFA ME 538
- Empowering Song: Music with Body, Mind, and Heart CFA ME 550
- The Poetics and Politics of Hip Hop CFA MH 410
- History of Jazz CFA MH 432
- Performing Music of Bali CFA MH 563
- Elements of Music Theory 1 CFA MT 105
- String Teaching in the 21st Century CFA MU 535
If you have any questions, please contact us.