Student Life Teaching Pastor, Full-Time, UMC: Johns Creek, GA
About the Church
Mt. Pisgah Church in Johns Creek, Georgia, just north of Atlanta, is a congregation of 2000 members. Mt. Pisgah offers a close-knit community feel, despite its size and offers two worship services on Sundays in English and a third service in Spanish for the Iglesia Mt. Pisgah congregation.
About the Ministry
The student ministry at Mt. Pisgah is deeply relational in its approach, serving around 170 youth with weekly programs on Sundays and Wednesdays, a breakfast club on Tuesdays, and special events like retreats and mission trips. The ministry space, known as “The House”, is located in “The Underground” and offers multiple rooms, game areas, a café, and a dedicated outdoor area with an amphitheater. About 30 volunteers commit long-term, guiding small groups from 6th grade until graduation.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Student Pastor at Mt. Pisgah Church should be deeply aligned with the church’s vision, mission, and values, showcasing the ability to strategize and implement methods to achieve church goals. This leader should be safety-conscious, committed to continuous learning, and possess strong collaborative skills. The teaching pastor responsibilities include conducting large group programs, delivering Bible-based teachings, offering pastoral counseling to students, and managing weekly Bible study sessions. Building and nurturing relationships with both students and volunteers will be paramount to this role.
- To know and support the church’s vision, mission, and values; prioritize the strategy and develop methods to accomplish the strategy.
- While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable safety, health, and environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Adhere to appropriate church operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry or related field
- 2-4 years experience in a youth ministry setting
- A disciple of Jesus Christ with a mature faith and a passion to lead others to become disciples of Christ
- Heart of a pastor
- Experience counseling students
- An excellent leader, gifted in planning and managing people, projects, and budgets
- Strong team and talent-building, communication, and coordination skills
- Highly relational skills. Must be an encourager to all and work well across teams
- Ability to write and deliver creative and Biblically sound messages to middle and high school students
About the Community
Johns Creek, Georgia, is an affluent suburb nestled to the northeast of Atlanta, offering residents a harmonious blend of suburban tranquility and upscale amenities. Boasting top-rated schools, picturesque parks, and a variety of dining and shopping options, this community exudes a welcoming charm. With its tree-lined streets, diverse housing options, and a rich tapestry of cultural events, Johns Creek provides an idyllic setting for families, professionals, and retirees alike.
Annual Salary is $50,000-$60,000.
Interested candidates should apply at https://ministryarchitects.teamtailor.com/jobs/3183141-mt-pisgah-church-student-life-teaching-pastor