Acting Director of Religious Education, part-time, UU: Canton, MA
Name of Congregation or Employer: First Parish Unitarian Universalist Canton MA
Address: 1508 Washington Street, Canton MA 02021
Time Requirement Details: Sunday mornings. Weekday evenings and other hours as needed to accomplish key priorities found below.
Salary Range (Numerical Only): $19.30-$23.60/hour
Contact Name: Kathy Anderson
Contact Email: FPUUCantonMA.DRE@gmail.com
Hours: 20 hours per week. Includes Sundays. 11-month position in Year 1 (August 1-June 30); renewable for a second year
- Come join a small but growing congregation entering their third year of a three-year interim ministry.
- If you are someone with a big picture, vision-oriented, creative way of thinking who also pays attention to details, read on.
- If you have a sense of humor and a sense of responsibility, read on.
- If helping this growing congregation envision what Religious Education can be while reforming and energizing a working Religious Education Committee, read on.
- And if you’re interested in having fun while helping us attract new and diverse families from Canton and its surrounding towns, then this position is for you.
- In partnership with our minister and the Religious Education Committee, the Director sets the tone and establishes priorities of the Religious Education program for all children and youth. Candidates for this position should demonstrate the Seven UU Principles in their life and in their teachings.
- Curriculum selection and planning for all ages, adaptation and maintenance of educational resources, including a library
- Recruiting and supporting volunteers and teachers
- General administrative tasks, including budgeting and record keeping
- Childcare coordination
- Worship involvement including time for all ages, multi-generational worship, and/or children’s chapel
- Willingness to collaborate with the various committees of the congregation
- Effective communication with entire congregation and larger community (e.g. social media, newsletter, newspapers, etc.)
- Continuing professional development and keeping current with UUA guidelines
Interested candidates may forward a cover letter and resume to DRE Search Committee at
For the full job description, click here: