International Applicants

International students seeking admission to Boston University School of Social Work must hold a bachelor’s degree and have practical experience in social work, if at all possible.

International students are eligible to apply to all of the graduate programs at BUSSW. Please note that BUSSW is only able to offer visa sponsorship (F-1 visa) for students enrolling in our full-time Charles River Campus MSW Program or PhD program. If you are currently, or plan to be, in the US in a different visa category, you may be eligible to take courses at BUSSW, depending on your immigration status. Please contact for more information.