Human Service Experience

Human Service Experience Track

Applicants who have a minimum of two years of weekly supervised human service experience in a full-time, paid role by a master’s-level supervisor may apply to be considered for the Human Service Experience (HSE) track.

You must have 2 years’ full-time, paid experience (post-bachelor’s degree) at the time you submit your application. If you obtained the 2 years while still pursuing your bachelor’s degree, this will not count as it must be post-grad experience.

Additional Information & Requirements:

This experience must include weekly supervision by a master’s-level supervisor for 2+ years. Your supervisor does not have to have an MSW. Examples of human service experience can include, but are not limited to: direct client care, case management, group leadership, referral services, counseling, advocacy, and care planning. Admissions may request a phone or video interview before a final decision is made on an application.

Applicants for this track must have positive performance evaluations and have their supervisor complete the “Employment Verification Form” (below). In addition, your supervisor must submit a reference on your behalf. This will fulfill one of the three required recommendations.

Please have your supervisor complete the following form for the Human Service Experience Track:

If you submit more than one Employment Verification Form because you have held multiple positions or have had multiple master’s-level supervisors that add up to two years’ experience/supervision, you are only required to have one of your supervisors complete a letter of recommendation but ALL must complete the form. Please use your best judgement on your reference selection if you have had more than one supervisor. We ask that you fulfill only one of the three required recommendations with a Human Service Experience supervisor so that your references as a whole reflect diverse backgrounds.

Please Note: Once a student is enrolled in the program, they will not be able to switch tracks (ex: Traditional Track to Human Service Experience Track). If a student would like to switch tracks, this must be done during the application phase and prior to the application deadline. Students also cannot transfer to another campus (ex: Charles River Campus to Online Campus) to switch tracks once enrolled in the program.