The Population Health Exchange (PHX) is SPH’s lifelong-learning initiative. Public health is a dynamic field, and practitioners are entering more career sectors than ever before. To be successful, these professionals need continuing training in new skills, tools, and techniques.
PHX’s (populationhealthexchange.org), is the one-stop shop for all lifelong learning sponsored by SPH. The flexible curriculum offers learners options that meet their needs, interests, and schedules with an array of continuing-education experiences in person and online. PHX helps us meet our commitment to provide innovative continuing education over the life course. It is a complement to our degree-bearing programs, meant to enhance them and allow our alumni and new learners to stay current and acquire new skills in public health.
PHX has several audiences: SPH alumni hoping to continue their public health education; professionals seeking refresher training courses; the public health workforce; external organizations; our peer schools; the surrounding Boston community; and people new to the field, from across all sectors, aspiring to learn about population health.
These learning experiences come in a variety of formats, including short, immersive training programs held on campus and online; podcast series; public health–educational resources and tools; and custom-developed programs.
PHX directly addresses the call from SPH alumni for more flexible access to new skills, tools, and techniques to advance their careers. It also addresses a larger goal of our school: to improve population health through our research, education, and translation efforts through explicit integration of our academic and practice missions.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SUPPORT POPULATION HEALTH EXCHANGE INCLUDE:
- $1 million to name and endow a Lifelong Learning Fund to advance the school’s expertise
- $250,000 per year to support Population Health Exchange’s annual operations
- $150,000 to fund a specific Population Health Exchange educational program led by an SPH professor
- $25,000 to be the named sponsor of a daylong PHX learning initiative on-campus and online, led by an expert on a specified population health topic
- $10,000 to grant five community health/organization employees with the opportunity to attend the PHX Winter or Summer Institute.
- $5,000 toward a scholarship fund that will help send Boston-area middle and high school students to our summer enrichment programs for population health.