Global Health Program Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation.
Learn to design and implement rigorous field-based projects and to work in organizations conducting monitoring activities in developing and developed countries.
For admission eligibility, degree requirements, deadlines, and application information, contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
View the BU Bulletin for Course Requirements
What You Will Learn
Upon graduation, students will be able to:
- Design monitoring and evaluation plans for public health programs.
- Utilize formative, process, and outcome evaluation.
- Differentiate between qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods in relation to their strengths, limitations, appropriate uses, with an emphasis on reliability and validity.
- Apply analytic methods to evaluate the impacts and costs of public health programs and policies.
- Support the use of data from monitoring and evaluation projects in informing evidence-based decision-making for the development of new programs and continuous quality improvement efforts.
Sample Course Titles
- Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation of Global Health Programs
- Applied Research Methods in Global Health
- Methods for Impact Evaluation
- Implementing Health Programs in Developing Countries
Massachusetts Department of Public Health – monitoring and evaluating health education programs in Massachusetts
Pathfinder International (Watertown, MA) – analyzing data from mHealth programs in Mozambique and Kenya
International Health Initiative (Weymouth, MA) – evaluation of the barriers and facilitators to cleazn water projects in Constanza, Dominican Republic
Social Science Research Analyst, Office of Inspector General – Office of Evaluation and Inspections (Boston, MA)
Uganda Village Project – partnering with local stakeholders to evaluate community-based health promotion
World Vision Guatemala – evaluating the effectiveness of nutrition and maternal and child health programs
Integrative Learning Experience
For students completing the certificate, there are two options for the ILE: a written M&E Plan; or a written Impact Evaluation Analysis.
Certificate Director: Peter Rockers
Career Services at BUSPH