As highlighted in Dean Galea’s message yesterday, our community is struck with sorrow by the sudden death of Prof. David Jones. While each of us grieves in their own way, I wanted to make sure resources are available for our community.
They are as follows:
- Karen Brouhard – Faculty and Staff Assistance Office. Karen will be on premises, in the Board Room (Talbot Building, 3rd floor) between 1PM and 2PM today. The Faculty and Staff Assistance Office may also be reached via telephone at 617-353-5381 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members of the Human Resources team, Fiona Germain and Louise Gant are also available and will be in the Talbot Building the entire day.
- Chaplains are available through the week as needed, and they can be reached at 617-358-3394. Reverend Hill will be at SPH today at 2:30 PM in the Founders Room. Rev. Dr. Jessica Chicka will hold office hours on Thursday from 1 – 2 PM at Talbot 113C. Rev. Dr. Karen Coleman is also available to respond during the week and can be reached at 617-358-3394
- Carrie Landa, Associate Clinical Director of Student Health Services, shall be available to all our students on Tuesday at 6 PM in classroom R-103.
- Associate Dean for Administration, Ira Lazic shall have open office hours all day on Monday.
- As always, Dean Galea will also be available for anyone who wishes to reach out to him.
We will keep the community apprised as we gather more information on wake and funeral arrangements; we are in ongoing communication with Prof. Jones’s family.
As we all try to process this profound loss, I hope we will find comfort in remembering Prof. Jones and all that he did to contribute to our SPH community.
Ira Lazic, MSPA
Associate Dean for Administration and Finance