To request access to use the VR-36©, VR-12© VR-6D©, or bridges between the VR and SF surveys, please provide the following information and you will then receive an email detailing how to proceed with your request.
The VR-12© questionnaire is available in English, Spanish, Chinese and German. The scoring algorithms are available in SAS and R.
- You are granted permission to use the VR-12 and/or VR-36 for the specific purpose and/or study described in the request form.
- You understand and acknowledge the following:
- The VR-12 and VR-36 assess the individual’s physical, mental, social and role functioning for quality assessment and evaluation programs and research purposes. The VR-12 and the VR-36 are not clinical tools to diagnose or treat participants, nor should it serve as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or prevention.
- Changes to the VR-12 and/or VR-36, including without limitation changes to the wording and order of the questions and scoring algorithm, may not be made without our written permission. To the extent that you make any changes to the VR-12 and VR-36, you may not refer to the modified tools as “VR-12” or “VR-36” in any oral communications or written publications.
- You accept full responsibility, and agrees to indemnify and hold Boston University harmless, for the accuracy of any translations of the health survey(s) into another language (other than Boston University issued versions of VR-12 and VR-36 translations) and for any errors, omissions, misinterpretations, or consequences thereof.
- You accept full responsibility, and agrees to indemnify and hold Boston University harmless, for any claims, actions, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, obligations, losses, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses (including without limitation attorneys’ fees and costs) which arise out of, relate to or result from your use of the VR-12 and/or VR-36.
- You will properly attribute and acknowledge the developers of the VR-12 and/or VR-36 in presentations and written publications involving these health surveys.
- You agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Boston University, or in any way relating to your use of the VR-12 and/or VR-36, resides in the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving your use of the VR-12 and/or VR-36.