Summer Institute for Research Education in Biostatistics (SIBS).
Come learn about the vibrant field of Biostatistics! If you are an undergraduate with an interest in mathematics, statistics, biology, or health sciences and would like to learn how to apply methods to investigate important health issues, come join us for our highly successful Summer Institute for Research Education in Biostatistics program.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Summer 2021 program will be run virtually. This is a decision all SIBS sites reached together, as each of our campuses face shut-downs or reduced operations.
The application portal for Summer 2021 is now open. See the link below for additional information and to submit your application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a deadline of February 26th, 2021.
Participants in the summer program:
- learn the principles of applied biostatistics from recognized experts in the field
- interact daily with award-winning faculty who make learning biostatistics interesting, relevant, and fun
- virtually meet practicing biostatisticians, epidemiologists, infection disease specialists, and statistical geneticists and learn about their work in small-group interactive settings
- gain hands-on experience working with actual data collected in internationally recognized studies that have been funded by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute including:
- learn about opportunities for graduate study and additional training
- explore an ever-growing field that is critically important in studies to improve the world we live in
- earn college credit
Costs for tuition, supplies, and computer program licenses are covered by the program. Summer 2021 participants will receive a $1000 stipend. Additionally, costs for some meals during the program will be provided.
Get more details about the Summer Institute for Research Education in Biostatistics program, faculty and application process: