Summer Institute in Biostatistics and Data Science (SIBS).
Come learn about the vibrant field of Biostatistics! If you are an undergraduate with an interest in mathematics, statistics, biology, or health sciences and would like to learn how to apply methods to investigate important health issues, come join us for our highly successful Summer Institute in Biostatistics program.
The summer 2022 program will be run in person at Boston University. June 6th through July 8th participants will be in-residence at Boston University. July 11th through mid-Aug participants will continue working remotely on their research project.
The BU SIBS application portal is open! Applications will be reviewed in a rolling basis with the preference given to those submitted by February 21, 2022.
Participants in the summer program:
- learn the principles of applied biostatistics and data science from recognized experts in the field
- interact daily with award-winning faculty who make learning biostatistics interesting, relevant, and fun
- meet practicing biostatisticians, epidemiologists, infection disease specialists, and statistical geneticists and learn about their work in small-group interactive settings
- gain hands-on experience working with actual data collected in internationally recognized studies that have been funded by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute including:
- learn about opportunities for graduate study and additional training
- explore an ever-growing field that is critically important in studies to improve the world we live in
- participate in a variety of unique Boston experiences (historical sites, cultural and sporting events), meet new people, and have lots of fun
- earn 4 college credits and a stipend
Costs for tuition, travel, room and board are covered by the program.
Get more details about the Summer Institute for Research Education in Biostatistics program, faculty and application process: