Comments & Discussion

Boston University moderates comments to facilitate an informed, substantive, civil conversation. Abusive, profane, self-promotional, misleading, incoherent or off-topic comments will be rejected. Moderators are staffed during regular business hours (EST) and can only accept comments written in English. Statistics or facts must include a citation or a link to the citation.

There are 2 comments on Race, Justice, and COVID-19

1. I just read Dean Galea’s essay, “Race, Justice, and COVID-19”. Forest, I saw your comment as I was leaving the site. You state that the Dean has learned “nothing
    . . . from the pandemic” but has instead “picked up the racism card.” I was surprised by your response so I read the article again. My conclusion is that everything Dr. Galea asserts is based on empirical evidence including reliable statistical analyses, widely accepted standards of public health theory and practice, documented historical facts and credible individual experiences. My training and career was in public and community health. I have studied U.S. history formally and on my own throughout my life. And I am African American. In my opinion Dean Galea is right, not wrong. Forest, could you explain more specifically what you disagree with in the article? Thanks. Beverly

Post a comment.