This research-backed course prevents risky drinking on campus and helps students reach their academic goals. Whether you choose to drink or not, this course will enable you to make informed decision about alcohol use and to step in to help others.
About the Course Requirement
Boston University cares about our community’s well-being. For this reason, all incoming undergraduate students must complete AlcoholEdu® for College. The online course is confidential, tailored to the unique experiences of undergraduate students, and is research-backed.
How to Complete the Course
- Have your BU login and Kerberos password ready. You will need this information to log into the course.
- Log into the course that corresponds with your status.
- Follow the prompts in the course.
- Score a 70% or higher on the final exam. You can retake the exam if you need to!
Only incoming freshmen and new transfer students are required to complete AlcoholEdu® for College.
We apologize that other groups of students, including new non-degree students, may have wrongfully received an email about AlcoholEdu® on August 1, 2018. These students do not have to complete AlcoholEdu®. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
I'm an incoming first-year student (freshman)
Click here to access the course for incoming first-year students (freshmen).
I'm a transfer student
Click here to access the course for undergraduate transfer students.
Tips for Taking the Course
You don’t have to complete it all at once
Each section ends with a “Next” button. Be sure to click this button before you close the browser or you may have to repeat that section again the next time you log in.
Know that it’s private
Your answers in the course are private, so it’s okay to be honest. BU only receives responses from the student body as a whole. We do not see students’ individual answers.
Help is available 24/7
If you run into problems with the course, you can:
- Read the Student Troubleshooting Guide for solutions to common problems
- Click on the “Help” button in the course, which is a gear icon next to your name
- Find help through the Online Support Center
- Contact the AlcoholEdu® administrator 24/7 at 866- 384-9062 (toll-free)