This research-backed course prevents risky drinking on campus and helps students reach their academic goals. It’s not a “just say no” program. The course is confidential, personalized to students, and a key part of BU’s alcohol prevention program.
About the Course Requirement
All first-year students (freshmen) must complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu before moving on campus.
Part 2 of the course is also required. Students will receive an email in the fall when it’s time to take Part 2 of the course.
Note: Transfer students are excluded from the AlcoholEdu requirement.
How to Complete the Course
- Have your BU login and Kerberos password ready. You will need this information to log into the course.
- Log into the course. The link below will be live on August 1, 2017
- Follow the prompts in the AlcoholEdu course.
- Score a 70% or higher on the final exam. You can retake the exam if you need to!
Tips for Taking the Course
You don’t have to complete it all at once
Each section ends with a “Next” button. Be sure to click this button before you close the browser or you may have to repeat that section again the next time you log in.
Know that it’s private
Your answers in the course are private, so it’s okay to be honest. BU only receives responses from the student body as a whole. We do not see students’ individual answers.
Help is available 24/7
If you run into problems with the course, you can:
- Read the Student Troubleshooting Guide Student Troubleshooting Guide for solutions to common problems
- Click on the “Help” button in the course, which is a gear icon next to your name
- Find help through the Online Support Center
- Contact the AlcoholEdu administrator 24/7 at 866- 384-9062 (toll-free)