Our Crisis Intervention Counselors provide:
- Crisis response: we are on call 24/7/365 at 617-353-SARP (7277). When you are calling after 5:00pm, or on a weekend/holiday, you will hear a message saying you have reached SARP, the office is closed. Then a pause followed by instructions to press 1 to leave a non-urgent voicemail or 2 to speak with the Crisis Counselor on call.
- Information so students can understand the options that exist
- Options as to where students can receive appropriate medical care, both immediate and longer term as necessary
- Confidential individual counseling and/or referrals to community resources as appropriate
- Confidential group sessions
- Help with resources for academic and personal support
- Information for friends, family, and others affected by violence or trauma
- Scheduled Appointments
- Assistance to survivors of other violent crimes and traumatic incidents
Our Crisis Intervention Counselors can help on many levels—practical and emotional. We can give you helpful, accurate information and support so you can make informed decisions. We work collaboratively with all departments and schools across all BU campuses. We can help you access and understand the Boston University Police Department’s or another law enforcement organization’s investigative processes, BU’s judicial process, and the Commonwealth’s legal process, as well as how to access medical attention. We can advocate for you academically or with your employer or internship. We offer information and nonjudgmental support.
Learn more about becoming a SARP Ambassador, Peer Educator, or Actor!
Step Up Step In BU (SUSIBU)
Step Up Step In BU (SUSIBU) is the University’s primary sexual violence prevention program!
Send a secure message to your SARP provider!