The mission of the Sexual Assault Response & Prevention Center (SARP) is to provide confidential care, support, and advocacy for victims of sexual assault, while simultaneously promoting awareness and prevention programs on campus.
Our primary objective is to provide superior clinical response, as well as awareness and prevention programming, to the Boston University community. SARP’s clinical focus continues to be on providing appropriate treatment to students who have experienced sexual or interpersonal violence, as well as, or in addition to, physical or emotional trauma. SARP’s prevention efforts include bystander intervention education and programming that raises awareness of all types of sexual misconduct, dating violence, stalking, and harassment.
To accomplish these goals, SARP will
- Ensure that members of the BU community have direct, round-the-clock, and confidential access to professionals trained to help victims of sexual assault and trauma.
- Provide responsive and appropriate care to those individuals.
- Advocate on their behalf to medical care providers as well as those individuals and offices inside and outside the University responsible for investigating assaults and ensuring safety.
- Collaborate with resources, both on and off campus, to lead assault-prevention training programs for students, faculty, and staff, and to foster campus-wide efforts to reduce sexual and relationship abuse.
- Provide information to family and friends of victims of sexual assault.
- Provide assistance to survivors of other violent crimes and traumatic incidents.
We are on call 24/7/365 at 617-353-SARP (7277).
Title IX Brochure
Have you Experienced Sexual Misconduct: Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Exploitation, Stalking, and/or Relationship Violence? Please read our brochure in order to find out about more resources, policies and procedures that can help you when you need them.
Each academic year, the staff of the Sexual Assault Response & Prevention Center (SARP) compiles a report reviewing the unit’s accomplishments and goals.
- SARP Annual Report AY 2013-2014
- SARP Annual Report AY 2014-2015
- SARP Annual Report AY 2015-2016
- SARP Annual Report AY 2016-2017