We strongly recommend students receive an influenza vaccine (flu shot). Getting vaccinated against flu can help protect you from becoming infected. Even if you do get infected, vaccination can prevent more severe disease and hospitalization.
FAQs about the Flu Shot
Where can students get a flu shot?
Students can choose to get a flu shot on- or off-campus.
- Student Health Services host on-campus flu clinics. Flu clinics are announced on the SHS calendar. Flu clinics are appointment-only, and students must make an appointment on Patient Connect. Flu clinics begin October 18th.
Off-campus near the Charles River Campus (CRC):
- CVS 900 Commonwealth Ave.
- Osco Pharmacy in Star Market 1065 Commonwealth Ave.
- CVS 1249 Boylston St.
- CVS 1341 Boylston St.
- CVS 294 Harvard St.
- CVS 1322 Beacon St.
Off-campus near the Medical Campus (BUMC):
- Walgreens 1603 Washington St.
- CVS 874 Harrison Ave.
- CVS 725 Albany St.
- CVS 341 Harrison Ave.
- CVS 780 Albany St.
- Walgreens 841 Boylston St.
How much will getting a flu shot cost?
- Students with the BU Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) can get a flu shot for free through a SHS flu clinic. Flu clinics are announced on the SHS calendar. Flu clinics are appointment-only, and students must make an appointment on Patient Connect.
- Students that have other health insurance (private insurance) can get a flu shot from a SHS flu clinic for $40. SHS will bill your Student Account for the cost of the flu shot. Some health insurance companies may reimburse students for the cost of the flu shot.
- The price will depend on a student’s health insurance and where they get the flu shot.