Tax Information for International Students

If Your Country Has a Tax Treaty with the U.S.

If you are an international student working on campus, contact the Main Payroll Office to find out if your income is eligible for any tax treaty benefit by emailing

In your email, please include your:

First and Last Name
University ID number
Country of Citizenship

In order to qualify for a tax treaty, you must:

  • Currently be hired to work on BU’s campus; and
  • Have a social security number

Please allow up to two (2) business days for a response to your email.

The Payroll Office will email you with information to set up a virtual appointment to complete your tax treaty.