Career Options

Graduates from our master of science program take the National Certification Board Examination (Praxis). Once you pass, you can become licensed to practice as a speech-language pathologist.

Many of our graduate students go on to earn a PhD degree to pursue a career in teaching, research, or as an administrator of clinical practice.

Speech-language pathologists may find employment in settings that include:

  • schools
  • hospitals
  • private practices
  • outpatient clinics
  • early intervention settings
  • skilled nursing facilities
  • community health settings
  • schools for special-needs children
  • technology support

State Licensure Requirements

For more information regarding state requirements, please visit the State Authorization & Distance Education website.