Directions to Sargent College
One of the best things about attending Boston University is Boston itself, one of the world’s great centers of education and technology, research and medicine, culture and history.
BU stands right at the heart of this exciting city. To help you get the most out of your visit to Sargent College, we offer a variety of tours and visitor programs for students and their families.
You’ll find Sargent College at 635 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston. Below, we offer directions by car and public transportation:
Local Directions from the Kenmore Square Exit of Storrow Drive
At the first set of traffic lights, turn right onto Beacon Street. At this point, the road forks; the right fork is Bay State Road. Take the left fork into Kenmore Square; in the Square, bear right onto Commonwealth Avenue. BU Sargent College (635 Commonwealth Ave, Boston) will be two blocks ahead on your right.
- The Granby Street Parking Lot (665 Commonwealth Ave, Boston) is adjacent to BU Sargent College, and the rate is $15/day (except during Red Sox games).
- Limited on-street meter spaces may be available. Meters are $0.25 for 12 minutes, and visitors can pay using quarters or the Park Boston app.
Directions from Afar
- From the West or Southwest: Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) East to Exit 18, Brighton/Cambridge. Exit left. Follow signs to Cambridge to the second set of lights. Turn right at the lights onto Soldiers Field Road/Storrow Drive. Exit Storrow Drive at the Kenmore exit. Follow Local Directions above.
- From the Southeast: Take I-93/Route 3 (Southeast Expressway) North to Boston. Take the Downtown/South Station/Chinatown exit (Exit 20) and follow signs onto the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) West. Continue on the Massachusetts Turnpike to the Brighton/Cambridge exit (Exit 20). Follow signs to Cambridge/Somerville to the second set of lights. Turn right at the lights; this is Soldiers Field Road/Storrow Drive. Exit Storrow Drive at the Kenmore Square exit. Follow Local Directions above.
- From the North: Take either I-93 South toward Boston to the Storrow Drive/Cambridge exit (Exit 26B) or Route 1 South over the Tobin Bridge (following signs for I-93 South) to the Storrow Drive/Cambridge exit. Follow signs onto Storrow Drive and continue to the Kenmore Square exit. Follow Local Directions above.
- From the North Shore/Logan Airport: Take Route 1-A through the Sumner Tunnel. Follow signs onto the Expressway North. Take the Back Bay/Storrow Drive exit (Exit 26) and follow signs onto Storrow Drive. Continue on Storrow Drive to the Kenmore Square exit. Follow Local Directions below.
Boston University Sargent College (635 Commonwealth Ave, Boston) is accessible from the MBTA’s Green Line (“B” train towards Boston College/University) at either the Blandford St T-stop or BU East T-stop. For subway map and information on the T, please visit the MBTA website.
From Logan Airport
The Back Bay Logan Express bus takes passengers directly from Logan Airport terminals to Boston’s downtown Copley Square T-station, where you can connect to the MBTA’s Green Line (see above paragraph).