In some cases, your path to market will require you to create a business plan. This is new territory for many faculty and researchers. The self-guided tutorials and videos below offer core vocabulary and concepts to help you get started.
- Building a Finance Plan
- Financing Mechanisms You Haven’t Heard Of
- Capitalization Table Tutorial
- NIH Financial Course: Although the title says they are directed to biomedical innovators, the concepts put forth are fundamental to anybody in any industry wanting to develop a financial plan.
- The Strategy of Technology & Innovation Part 1 (password: 0@8qX&1X)
- The Strategy of Technology & Innovation Part 2 (password: U%qHt1*Z)
- BU Policies that Impact Research (password: &WW4%cFx)
- Investment Banking’s Role in Mergers & Acquisitions (password: W%cjW4=6)
Programs for Students & Postdocs
Graduate students and postdoctoral scholars, we offer programs and resources about about business fundamentals for researchers through Innovate@BU.Learn More