Beginning at 5:00 am on Saturday, September 17 and extending to approximately 9:00 pm on Sunday, September 18, the university mainframe will be offline to complete the Questrom Renaming Project.
Examples of functions available while the mainframe is offline
- BU e-mail
- Terrier Card functions such as dining, use of convenience points, and FITREC
- BU Works for student payroll time entry, and faculty and staff use
- Request transcripts via www.bu.edu/reg
Examples of functions not available while the mainframe is offline
- Student Link functions
- Adding classes
- Dropping classes
- Adding Convenience Points
- Faculty Link functions
- Viewing course list
- Reviewing advisee information
- Faculty/Staff Link functions
- Downloading class lists
- Uploading advisor lists
Tips for Students and Advisors
- Please complete class adds if possible by midnight on Friday, September 16. Students who add classes by midnight will have access to the Blackboard site for classes using Blackboard to disseminate information.
- Be mindful that the last day to add a full semester Charles River Campus class that has seat availability is Monday, September 19. Medical Campus schools and individual schools, colleges, and programs at the Charles River Campus and off-campus locations may have different deadlines; check with your advisor and the school in question regarding adding a class. I
- Students needing assistance adding a class should contact email@example.com, or visit FirstPoint at 881 Commonwealth Avenue, Second Floor. The office is open Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Please make convenience point transactions for the weekend by midnight on Friday night.
- New graduate students and Metropolitan College Students will have an extra day (Tuesday, September 20th) to settle their Fall 2016 account. Those students needing assistance are invited to contact Student Accounting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-353-2264, or visit the office at 881 Commonwealth Avenue, Lower Level.
- Students experiencing technical difficulties with Blackboard, email, or other technical services, are invited to email the IT Help Center. The IT Help Center is open on weekends; check their website for hours and information.