An official “Certificate of Graduation,” also known as a graduation verification, details a graduate’s name, degree(s) awarded, major(s) and minor(s), applicable honors, graduation date(s), and the awarding school(s). It is signed by the Registrar and imprinted with the official University Seal.
Certificates of Graduation are free of charge for all graduates, and in most cases can be produced immediately. However, it may take up to 48 hours for a student who attended Boston University before 1986.
Request Certificates in writing by mail, fax (617-358-1689), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by visiting the Registrar’s Office during regular business hours. Please provide the following information with your request:
- Full name, including any former names
- BU ID number
- Last 4 digits of Social Security number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Degree(s) awarded
- Graduation Ceremony (January, May, or September) and Year degree(s) awarded
- Preferred method of delivery:
- Email: provide complete address
- Fax: provide number; if this is being faxed to someone other than you, please provide the company/person’s name for attention
- Standard Mail: provide address and the number of copies needed (maximum of 5)*
*Standard shipping may take 7–10 business days for delivery within the US. Standard air mail delivery to international destinations (including Canada and Mexico) is 3–5 weeks.
For more information, contact the Office of the University Registrar at 617-353-3612 or email@example.com.