2017 Articles, Cases & Books
Estelle Yuan Sun
- Griffin, P., Lont, D., & Sun, E. (2017). The Relevance of Investors of Greenhouse Gas Emission Disclosures. Contemporary Accounting Research, 34(2) 1265–1297
- Lawrence, A., Sloan, R., & Sun, E. Why Are Losses Less Persistent Than Profits? Curtailments versus Conservatism, Management Science, 64(1) 22-Jan
- Sabin, G. L. Managing Trade Risk In Uncertain Times, The Risk Institute
- Gallani, S., Sabin, G. L. , & Cui, K. J.C. Penney: Tough Choices for Allen Questrom, Harvard Business Publishing
- Choi, H., Mueller, P., & Vedolin, A. (2017). Bond Variance Risk Premiums, Review of Finance, 21(3) 987-1022
- Mueller, P., Vedolin, A., & Tahbaz-Salehi, A. Exchange Rates and Monetary Policy Uncertainty, Journal of Finance, 72 (3), 1213-1252
- Mueller, P., Vedolin, A., & Stathopoulos, A. International Correlation Risk, Journal of Financial Economics, 126 (2), 270-299
- Lyasoff, A. Stochastic Methods in Asset Pricing, MIT Press
- White, L., Nocke, V., & Mailath, G. When and How the Punishment Must Fit the Crime, International Economic Review, 58 (2), 315-330
- Williams, M. T. Trump’s Failed Economic Policy Could Push the US Back into Recession by 2018 Business Insider
- Williams, M. T. There are Signs Trump is Preparing a Hostile Takeover of the Fed, Business Insider
- Shaked, I., & Reilly, R. A Practical Guide to Bankruptcy Valuation, 2nd edition, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Robertson, S., & Xing, H. Long term Optimal Investment in Matrix Valued Factor Models, SIAM Journal on Financial Mathematics, 8(1) 400-434
- Robertson, S. Pricing for Large Positions in Contingent Claims, Mathematical Finance, 27(3) 746-778
- Robertson, S., & Kardaras, C. Continuous Time Perpetuities and Time Reversal of Diffusions, Finance and Stochastics, 21(1) 65-110
- Robertson, S., Spiliopoulos, K., & Anthropelos, M. The Pricing of Contingent Claims and Optimal Positions in Asymptotically Complete Markets, Annals of Applied Probability, 27(3) 1778-1830
- Kou, S., Yu, C., & Zhong, H. Jumps in Equity Index Returns Before and During the Recent Financial Crisis: A Bayesian Analysis, Management Science, 63(4) 988–1010
- Kitapbayev, Y., & Angelis, T. Integral equations for Rost’s reversed barriers: existence and uniqueness results, Stochastic Processes and their Applications, 127(10) 3447-3464
- Kitapbayev, Y., & Leung, T. Optimal Mean-Reverting Spread Trading: Nonlinear Integral Equation Approach, Annals of Finance,13(2) 181-203
- Hagiu, A., & Altman, E. Finding the Platform in Your Product ,Harvard Business Review 95(4) 94-100
- Srinivasan, J., Ivany, C., Sarmiento, D., & Woodson, J. How the U.S. Army Redesigned Its Mental Health System Harvard Business Review
Marshall Van Alstyne
- Tabors, R., Caramanis, M., Van Alstyne, M., & Parker, G. Distributed Energy Resources: New Markets and New Products, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences 5(8)
- Van Alstyne, M., Fiore, A., & Schneider, S. Crowdsourcing: 4 Mistakes that Kill Crowdsourcing Efforts, Harvard Business Review, (July)21
- Wang, X., Cenamore, J., Van Alstyne, M., & Parker, G. Unraveling Platform Strategies: A Review from an Organizational Ambidexterity, Perspective Sustainability , 9(5), 734
- Parker, G., Van Alstyne, M., & Jiang, X. Platform Ecosystems: How Developers Invert the Firm, MIS Quarterly, 41(1) 255-266
- Venkatraman, N., The Digital Matrix: New Rules for Business Transformation through Technology, LifeTree Media
- Watts, S. , & Giddens, L.Credibility Assessment for Sustainable Consumption: A Laboratory Study With Laurie Giddens, Cogent Business and Management 4 1 33-59
- Watts, S. Demand-side e-waste reduction: Millennials attitudes towards laptop replacement, AIS, 2017(1)435
- Watts, S. .Handbook of Engaged Sustainability, Springer, 27-51
- Watts, S. The State of Corporate America, Wharton Healthcare Quarterly, 6(4) 26-27
- Baker, S., & Fradkin, A. The Impact of Unemployment Insurance on Job Search: Evidence from Google Search Data, Review of Economics and Statistics, 99(5) 756-768
- Bickart, B., Fournier, S., & Nisenholtz, M. What Trump Understands About Using Social Media to Drive Attention, Harvard Business Review
- Buechel, E., Zhang, J., & Morewedge, C. Impact bias or underestimation? Outcome specifications predict the direction of affective forecasting errors, Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 146(5) 746-761
- Tang, S., Morewedge, C., Larrick, R., & Klein, J. Disloyalty Aversion: Greater Reluctance to Bet Against Close Others than the Self, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes,140, 13-Jan
- Symborski, C., Barton, M., Quinn, M., Korris, J., Kassam, K., & Morewedge, C. The design and development of serious games using iterative evaluation, Games and Culture,12(3) 252-268
- Morewedge, Carey Atasoy, O., & Morewedge, C. Customers won’t pay as much for digital goods – and research explains why, Harvard Business Review
- Kupor, D., Flynn, F., & Norton, M. Half a Gift Is Not Half-Hearted: A Giver-Receiver Asymmetry in the Thoughtfulness of Partial Gifts, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 43(12) 1686-1695
- Kupor, D. Consumers Prefer Products Created by Mistake, Harvard Business Review
- Kupor, D. Having More Options Can Make Us Evaluate Risk Differently, Harvard Business Review
- Johnson, G., Lewis, R., & Nubbemeyer, E. Ghost Ads: Improving the Economics of Measuring Online Ad Effectiveness, Journal of Marketing Research , 54(6) 867-884
- Johnson, G., Lewis, R., & Reiley, D. When Less is More: Data and Power in Advertising Experiments, Marketing Science, 36(1) 43-53
- Ksendzova, M..Donnelly, G., & Howell, R. A brief money management scale and its associations with personality, financial health, and hypothetical debt repayment, Journal of Financial Counseling & Planning, 28(1) 62-75
- Howell, R., Ksendzova, M. . , Nestingen, E., Yerahian, C., & Iyer, R. Your personality on a good day: How state and trait personality predicts daily well-being, Journal of Research in Personality, 69, 250-263
- Chen, Y., Li, X., & Sun, M. Competitive Mobile Geo-Targeting, Marketing Science, 36(5) 666-682
- Mazar, N., Shampanier, K., & Ariely, D. When Retailing and Las Vegas Meet: Probabilistic Free Price Promotions, Management Science, 63(1) 250-266
- Sun, M., & Trudel, R. The Effect of Recycling versus Trashing on Consumption: Theory and Experimental Evidence, Journal of Marketing Research, 54(2) 293-305
- Srinivasan, S. Why a Data and Analytics Strategy Today Gives Marketers an Advantage Tomorrow, MIT Sloan Management Review Custom Studio, 1, 4-Jan
Markets, Public Policy & Law
- Cohen, A., Grogan, C., & Horwitt, J. The Many Roads toward Achieving Health Equity, Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law, 42(5)
- Cohen, A., Grogan, C., & Horwitt, J. Special Issue: The Politics and Challenges of Achieving Health Equity, Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law
- Cohen, A. Point-Counterpoint: Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Medical Care and the Issue of Model Transparency, Medical Care, 55(11) 907-908
- Chang, K. K. You Can Be Fired for Using Marijuana Even When Its Legal, Quartz
- Ericson, K. M. On the Interaction of Memory and Procrastination: Implications for Reminders and Deadlines, Journal of the European Economic Association, 15(3) 692-719
- Ericson, K. M. , Kingsdale, J., Layton, T., & Sacarny, A. Nudging Leads Consumers In Colorado To Shop But Not Switch, ACA Marketplace Plans Health Affairs, 36(2) 311-319
- Ericson, K. M. , & Sydnor, J. The Questionable Value of Having a Choice of Levels of Health Insurance Coverage Journal of Economic Perspectives, 31(4) 51-72
- Salinger, M. A. All-Units Discounts by a Dominant Producer Threatened by Partial Entry Antitrust Law, Journal,SSRN, 81(2) 507-536
- Cortes, P., & Pan, J. Cross-Country Evidence on the Relationship between Overwork and Skilled Women’s Job Choices, American Economic Review, 107(5) 105-109
- Fox-Penner, P., Kates-Garnick, B., & Mueller, B. Think Local, Not Global!, Commonwealth Magazine
- Fox-Penner, P. Why solar ‘microgrids’ are not a cure-all for Puerto Rico’s power woes, Salon
- Hallsworth, M., List, J., Metcalfe, R., & Vlaev, I. The behavioralist as tax collector: Using natural field experiments to enhance tax compliance, Journal of Public Economics, 148, 14-31
- Hahn, R., & Metcalfe, R. More Equal by Design: Economic design responses to inequality, University of Chicago
- Kahn, S., & Ginther, D. The impact of postdoctoral training on early careers in Biomedicine, Nature Biotechnology, 35(1) 90-94
- Kahn, S., Mattina, G., & MacGarvie, M. Misfits, Stars, and Immigrant Entrepreneurship, Small Business Economics, 49(3) 533-557
- Kahn, S., & Ginther, D. The Oxford Handbook of Women and the Economy, Oxford handbooks online, Oxford University Press, (Jan) 40
- Gross, T., Allen, H., Swanson, A., & Wang, J. “Early Medicaid Expansion Associated With Reduced Payday Borrowing In California,” Health Affairs, 36(10) 1769-1776
Operations & Technology Management
- Berry Jaeker, J., & Tucker, A. L. (2017). Past the Point of Speeding Up: The Negative Effects of Workload Saturation on Efficiency and Patient Severity. Management Science, 63(4), 1042-1062.
- Cachon, G., & Feldman, P. (2017). Is Advance Selling Desirable with Competition? Marketing Science, 36(2), 214-231.
- Mazumder, M., Horenstein, M., Joglekar, N., et al. (2017). Mitigation of Dust Impact on Solar Collectors by Water-Free Cleaning with Transparent Electrodynamic Films: Progress and Challenges. IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, 7(5), 1342-1353.
- Garg, T., Eppinger, S., Joglekar, N., & Olechowski, A. (2017). Using TRLs and system architecture to estimate technology integration risk. Proceedings of 21st ICED Conference.
- Olechowski, A., Eppinger, S., & Joglekar, N. (2017). Assessment of Back-up Plan, Delay, and Waiver Options at Project Gate Reviews. Proceedings of 21st ICED Conference.
Yoo Taek Lee
- Lee, Y. (2017). Lean Six Sigma Toolkits. A GOAL/QPC.
- Lee, Y. (2017). Fundamental Growth Through Fundamental Innovation. Chief Executives, 177, 48-50.
- Lee, Y. (2017). The Effective Executives: The 8 practices. Chief Executives, 178, 46-51.
- Lee, Y. (2017). Business Platformization. Chief Executives, 179, 62-67.
- Lee, Y. (2017). The Secret of Life – Double Helix: the secret of business growth. Chief Executives, 180, 48-52.
- Lee, Y. (2017). Preoccupy the Platform: The theory of two-sided market and network theory. Chief Executives, 181, 54-57.
- Anteby, M., & Anderson, C. (2017). Oxford Handbook of Management. Oxford University Press, 386-398.
- Apfelbaum, E., Grunberg, R., Halevy, N., & Kang, S. (2017). From ignorance to intolerance: Perceived intentionality of racial discrimination shapes preferences for colorblindness versus multiculturalism. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 69(March), 86-101.
- Duhaime, E., & Apfelbaum, E. (2017). Can Information Decrease Political Polarization? Evidence From the U.S. Taxpayer Receipt. Social Psychological and Personality Science, 8(7), 736-745.
- Hutchinson, P. (2017). Summer Camps: The White Mountain Roots of an Iconic American Institution. Plymouth, New Hampshire: Plymouth State University
- McCarthy, J., & Allen, C. (2017). Creative Leadership Development: Curating an Innovative Learning Community. Management and Organizational Behavior Teaching Society, 44(1).
- McCarthy, J., & Ryan, E. (2017). Supermindfulness: Presence and Flexibility for Developing Creative and Resilient Leaders. Management and Organizational Behavior Teaching Society, 44(1).
- Perlow, L., Hadley, C., & Eun, E. (2017). Escape the meeting trap: How teams and organizations can free up time for meaningful work. Harvard Business Review, 95(4), 62-69.
Strategy & Innovation
- Fabrizio, K. R., Poczter, S., & Zelner, B. A. (2017). Does innovation policy attract international competition? Evidence from energy storage. Research Policy, 46(6), 1106-1117.
- Flammer, C., & Bansal, P. (2017). Does a Long-term Orientation Create Value? Evidence from a Regression Discontinuity. Strategic Management Journal, 38(9), 1827-1847.
- Flammer, C., & Luo, J. (2017). Corporate Social Responsibility as an Employee Governance Tool: Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment. Strategic Management Journal, 38(2), 163-183.
- Flammer, C., Hong, B., & Minor, D. (2017). Corporate Governance and the Rise of Integrating Corporate Social Responsibility Criteria in Executive Compensation. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings.
- Furman, J. (2017). On the Shoulders of Giants: Colleagues Remember Suzanne Scotchmer’s Contributions to Economics. Cambridge U Press, 358-364.
- Furman, J., Gawer, A., Stern, S., & Silverman, B. (2017). Advances in Strategic Management: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Platforms. Emerald Publishing: Bingley UK, Introductory Chapter, ix-xix.
- Wang, Y., Jizhen, L., & Furman, J. (2017). Firm performance and state innovation funding: Evidence from China’s Innofund program. Research Policy, 46(6), 1142-1161.
- Grodal, S., & Kahl, S. (2017). The Discursive Perspective of Market Categorization: Interaction, Power, and Context. Research in the Sociology of Organizations, 51, 149-182.
- Grodal, S., & O’Mahony, S. (2017). How does a grand challenge become displaced? Explaining the duality of field mobilization. Academy of Management Journal, 60(5), 1801-1827.
- Park, S., LiPuma, J., & Park, S. (2017). Concentrating Too Hard? Foreign and Corporate Venture Capital Involvement in Syndicates. Journal of Small Business Management.
- Stoller, G. (2017, March 7). 4 Lessons for Winning VC Funding. Retrieved from fortune.com.
- Stoller, G. (2017, March 21). Four Asian Business Trends Happening in Real Time. Retrieved from founderswire.com.
- Stoller, G. (2017). Foreword. In J. Davis & M. Cohen, The 24-Hour Turnaround (pp. 1). Cupertino, California: Happy About.
- Stoller, G. (2017, November 29). Pushing the Millennial Generation. [Web log post]. Retrieved from questromcommon.bu.edu/gradcenter/blog.
- Stoller, G. (2017, December 2). Doing business internationally? One Country, Multiple Systems. Retrieved from thechinaroad.co.uk.
- Stoller, G. (2017, December 19). How to avoid cultural mistakes while doing business abroad. Retrieved from qz.com.