In addition to the BU Police, on Boston University’s Medical Campus, BUMC Public Safety provides services and support to the Schools of Dental Medicine, Public Health, Medicine, Graduate Medical Sciences, and the National Emerging Infectious Disease Laboratory (NEIDL). BU Public Safety officers are highly-trained individuals that protect people and property and provide services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Some of the services and functions of BUMC Public Safety are:
- Providing directions and assistance in matters of daily campus operations, safety issues, and security matters.
- Conducting safety planning and education briefings to students, faculty, and staff.
- Access control and monitoring of persons and property entering or exiting University buildings.
- Monitoring BU property and grounds on foot, in vehicles, or via camera.
- Providing an initial and appropriate response to calls, alarms, emergencies, and safety situations observed or dispatched by Public Safety dispatchers.
- Documenting all incidents responded to and coordinating with appropriate agencies such as Boston University Police, Boston Police, Boston Fire Department, and other University Departments.