Date: October 13, 2021
Please find detailed information below about a robbery incident that recently occurred in the South Campus area of the Charles River Campus.
Summary of Incidents: BUPD is alerting our community about a robbery that occurred at 508 Park Drive in the South Campus Area.
Incident: On Wednesday, October 13, 2021, at 14:25 PM, BUPD was notified that the Domino’s pizza at 508 Park Dr. was robbed at gunpoint. The suspect fled the South Campus area towards Brookline. The suspect is described as a male, dark skin with facial hair, late 40’s or early 50’s, 508-510 in height, wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt, dark pants, and wearing a fanny pack.
Follow Up: The Boston Police Department and BUPD are actively reviewing the facts and circumstances surrounding this incident and is encouraging anyone who may have information about these incidents to come forward and contact the Boston University Police at (617) 353-2121 or the Boston Police Crime Stoppers at 1-800-494 –8477
Community members wishing to assist this investigation anonymously can do so by texting the word ‘BU’ to (847411). The Boston University Police Department welcomes your messages and assistance anytime.
The following is provided as a reminder to our BU Community:
Risk reduction/Safety precautions:
- If you do not feel comfortable intervening in any situation, notify someone who can (BU Police, 911, etc.).
- If you are confronted by someone who demands your property, you should give the person the property. Your safety is the priority, property can be replaced.
- Program your cell phone with the BU Police emergency number 617-353-2121. Call this number if you become uncomfortable in any situation on or near the BU Charles River, Fenway or Medical Campus. We are ready to respond to your calls 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If you are off-campus call 9-1-1.
- Text BUPD anonymously by texting “BU” to 847411.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a Blue Light emergency telephone or dial 3-2121 from any on-campus telephone.
- Utilize Scarlet Safe Walk 617-353-4877 or public transportation.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Trust your intuition – if a situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, get away or call for help.
Boston University Police Department
32 Harry Agganis Way
Boston, MA 02215
WHAT IS THIS NOTICE?
This notice is an emergency alert. Boston University Police has information to share to help keep you aware and safe.
FEEDBACK: We welcome your feedback to help make our messages better. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org