Meet the new qPCR plate spinner:
This is a commonly used lab hack where a salad spinner is repurposed into a gentle centrifuge for plates prior to qPCR.
- Place your plate flat on the bottom of the green basket to one side of the dimple(1)
- Place the lid on
- Hold down the top (Don’t press the brake)(2)
- Pull the cord all the way out with a steady motion
- Repeat about 4 more times
- Do not brake, let the drum stop spinning on its own.
- Open the top carefully
- Your plate will be up against the side wall with all of the liquid at the bottom of the wells
If you have trouble or questions: blute@ bu.edu
IF YOU would prefer to use a conventional centrifuge, there is one in LSEB 344 on the left most lane of benches. It has the plate holders. You will need to bring a blank for balancing as there is not one there yet.