Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the 2021 Orientation team. Please read our job descriptions to get a sense of the positions, compensation, training, and work commitments. It is very important that you familiarize yourself with this information.
- Write a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should be designed with your top ranked position in mind. (Consider visiting the Center for Career Development to get advice on cover letters, resumes, and interviews!) Make sure your cover letter and resume are both saved as a PDF document and named in the format of Last Name-First Name-Cover or Last Name-First Name-Resume.
- Orientation will be remote this summer. Your presence on video will be essential to the success of our program. We are asking everyone to submit one 2-minute video answering one of the following questions (Videos are due February 15, 2021):
- Why did you apply for this position?
- How is your college experience going? Is it what you expected? Why?
- How if LfA going for you?
- How has your fall semester been?
- How have you dealt with feeling lonely during LfA?
- How have you been taking care of yourself? What do you do fo your mental health and self-care?
- Be prepared to list 3 professional references with their name and contact information.
- If you are an international student, inform the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) that you are applying for a summer position with the University. Please confirm that you are eligible for employment in the United States.
Once you have completed the Pre-Application Checklist you will be ready to apply for the Orientation team using the link provided below. While you are completing the application, you will be asked to upload your cover letter and resume, explaining why we should consider you for the position(s). Once all documents have been uploaded, all required questions have been answered, and you have agreed to the Certification of Eligibility statement, you will be able to submit your application.
All applications will be reviewed upon submission to ensure all items have been filled out properly. You will receive an email within 5 days of your submission date that will inform you as to your application status and any next steps. On January 5, 2021, we will begin sending out invitations to sign-up for a 45 minute group interview based on your application’s top ranked position. You will still be considered for all your ranked positions.
Additionally, we will request a written recommendation letter (due on February 22, 2021) from you. Please choose someone who can provide us with insight into your character to serve as the writer of your letter. Using the above link, please download this form. You will be able to type into it directly and save. The form must be returned in a either a sealed and signed envelope, or from the email address of the recommender.
The deadline to apply for an Orientation team position is Friday, January 29, 2021. If you have any questions about the positions, or the application process, please feel free to call our offices.
- Howard Thurman Center for Common Ground: 617-353-4745
- Orientation: 617-353-3555
- Sustainability: 617-353-6754
- Innovate@BU: 617-353-7240
- Community Service Center: 617-353-4710