Meet Tim Nordahl

Meet Tim Nordahl, PT, DPT a Clinical Research Physical Therapist at the Boston University Center for Neurorehabilitation.

Background: 

My dad was in the army so we moved around a lot growing up (i.e., I can’t really say I’m from any one particular place). I went to BU for my undergrad degree and my PT degree, and wound up staying in Boston ever since.

What is the most rewarding part of your work?

First and foremost, I love working with our clients. It’s so rewarding to meet them and learn about their different backgrounds and life experiences, and to see what types of goals that they have. To then help put together an individualized treatment plan, then watching that plan like this come together is deeply rewarding! Secondly, I’m also deeply fortunate to work in the CNR where we conduct research to help improve management of PD for future generations.

What brought you to the Center for Neurorehabilitation?

I was really draw to the CNR because of the innovative nature of our work. It’s so unique to work in a PT clinic situated in a research center with multiple studies ongoing at any one time!

What are you passionate about?

I am really passionate about patient centered care- I really like emphasizing a personalized approach to my work.

When you are not working, what do you like to do during your free-time?

I like to dabble in a lot of different things, so it kind of depends on the month! That being said, it’s safe to say that I always love cooking, traveling, and listening to music.

How are you staying active during this time?

I’m lucky to live near a state park so I have done quite a bit of trail running and weights workouts in my garage- we’re all figuring this thing out together!