Neurophotonics Trainee Application (NRT) 2023
The application process is OPEN! Applications are due by Friday, May 5, 2023.
This training program is open to all interested first year doctoral students (International, US Citizens, and Permanent Residents) at Boston University from any departments, including Graduate Program for Neuroscience, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Psychological and Brain Sciences, Biophysics, and Program in Biomedical Sciences. We are seeking a diverse cohort of students with a desire to pursue interdisciplinary research focused on neurophotonics. Applications will be accepted from current first year doctoral students who are interested in pursuing interdisciplinary research in neurophotonics with ANY BU faculty members. Please note, attendance at Boot Camp is mandatory for all first year trainees. Boot Camp will be scheduled for July 5 – 7, 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: An application and acceptance as a trainee to the NRT program does not indicate that you are receiving a fellowship.
The training program will span all years of your graduate program, with most training activities starting in year two. Students from groups traditionally under-represented in science and engineering are especially encouraged to apply.
The application will request the following information:
- Name, graduate year, program, and any training fellowships you have received
- A ≤250 word statement expressing your interests in interdisciplinary training and research and how your dissertation is advancing photonics techniques to understanding the brain.
- Identification of one or more faculty members who will recommend you for the training program. The Program Coordinator will reach out to those faculty members you identify for statements of support.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript (uploaded on application form).
- A copy of your resume (uploaded on application form).
- Applications for current first year doctoral students are due by Friday, May 6, 2023.
If there are questions, comments, or concerns on the application process, please let us know via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to take a look at the application and prepare all materials prior to submission. Click here to apply!