Reach Summer Dance Program
Boston University Department of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance
- Dates: June 28 – July 30, 2021*
- June 28 — July 16: Monday – Friday | 9 am — 2 pm
- July 19 — July 30: Monday – Friday | 8 am — 2 pm
- Grade Level: Students entering 8th through 12th grade in fall 2021
Under the guidance of professional dancers and college interns, sixteen teenage apprentices create a 45-minute dance performance and go “on tour” to day camps in the Greater Boston area. Students hone their technical, performance, and choreographic skills during the first three weeks; for the final two weeks, the “company” performs and leads workshops at a dozen Philanthropy Massachusetts Summer Fund sites.
In addition, there are master classes, an evening performance for the public, and an informational session on preparing for college admission. Scholarships are available. Admission is by audition and recommendation.
For more information, visit the Reach Summer Dance Program website.
* Reach is a five-week program; the last two weeks of the program start 1 hour earlier