Graduate Certificate in Project Management
Now, more than ever, businesses around the world—large, small, and across virtually every industry—are seeking managers who can complete projects on time and on budget. Managers of all varieties will find that this graduate certificate provides valuable hands-on training that is immediately applicable to the workplace.
The Graduate Certificate in Project Management also provides excellent preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification examination—an internationally recognized credential that denotes expertise in project management. Applicants who have already passed the Project Management Institute’s PMP® Certification Examination may be eligible to receive a course waiver for MET AD 642. Contact your local field office for more information.
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Project Management will be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in developing a project management life cycle.
- Expertise in all basic project management tools and techniques, with an emphasis in communications, risk analysis, cost estimation and budgeting, and quality control.
- Knowledge of tools for project scheduling, templates for project management and communication, and techniques to measure cost variance, schedule variance, and earned value.
An accredited bachelor’s degree, with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 (3.0 last 2 years) or successful completion of the GMAT.
Four courses (16 credits), as follows:
- MET AD 642 Project Management
- MET AD 643 Project Communications Management
- MET AD 644 Project Risk and Cost Management
- MET AD 646 Program Management