New to MET
As a new faculty member at Metropolitan College, MET IT wants to make sure you have everything you need to start your first day of work smoothly. The information we have compiled below is a list of helpful information/tasks for your supervisor and yourself to review during your on-boarding process:
Prior to Start Date
- Supervisors should submit an Onboarding Request form. This form will help us know what equipment needs to be ordered, what software needs to be installed on the employee computer, and what shared drive/e-mail access the employee will need.
- Review Standards & Procedures.
On Start Date
First Login & Software Overview:
- MET IT Help Desk Technicians will be available to help set-up your email account and other license-dependent software, as well as troubleshoot any login issues.
- When logging in for the first time, your Active Directory(AD) profile will be verified on the BU Network. This can take a couple of minutes to complete.
- If you are missing any software, our MET IT Help Desk Technicians will be able to do most installations immediately.
- NOTE: Some software will require a license to be assigned, such as with Adobe Creative Cloud, which may take at least 1-2 business days.
After Start Date
Requesting Technical Assistance:
- Most technical questions can be addressed via the General Help Request form on our website. You can also contact us directly if you are uncertain.
Review Conference & Teaching Facilities Information:
- The content in this section of our website will help you understand what facilities we have available, what technology is available and how to book these rooms.
- Keep an eye out for our Training & Events